Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard not loading with default time

moizmmz
Path Finder

Hello,

My dashboard doesn't load with the default time that I've set in my shared time picker. Instead, it always loads with this one fixed time. How do I fix this issue? Please help!

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Make sure that your search string SPL does NOT contain earliest=xxx inside of it. Doing so will always override the Timepicker and force it to its value.

0 Karma

ryhluc01
Communicator

Are you talking about the whole dash board or a panel within the dashboard?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Click Edit, then click on the timepicker and set the default to what you like and also set the initial value to the same thing and save that. Then move down to the panel that should be effected and click on the Magnifying Glass icon that has the hover/tooltip text of Edit search. In the popup dialog there will be a field called Time range with a button to the right. Click on that button and select Shared Time Picker (global). Click Apply, then click Save.

moizmmz
Path Finder

Done all of those. It doesn't work 😞 . Keeps going back to the previous day.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@moizmmz Check your value of <earliest> and <latest> tags for each query. It looks like it is picking default static value , instead should be the token $time.earliest$ and $time.latest$ from the time picker ( assuming the token name for your time picker is time)

0 Karma

moizmmz
Path Finder

I checked mate.. everything seems fine

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @moizmmz,

could you please share your config ? XML code that is.

0 Karma

hanskane

Initally when you created the panel on your dashboard there is a "Time Range" portion of the creation process where you can select the "Shared Time Picker" there.

If you already created the panel, go into edit mode for the dashboard to edit the different panels. Click the magnifying glass on the panel and a box will open where you can select the time range for the panel.

Keep in mind this will only affect the panel that you clicked on.

0 Karma

moizmmz
Path Finder

I've done all of this. My dashboard doesn't open with the default time I set on it

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi @moizmmz - can you give us a screen grab of your time picker settings in the panels?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...