Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard input display issue with fr-FR

nonaronald
Explorer

I developed a dashboard using the en-US/en-GB splunk, but my client is using the fr-FR splunk by default. I was surprised to see that there seems to be a incompatibility issue.
I have a time select input that shows Last 7 days in the english splunk, while,
it shows Dernière %aunité %umontée in the french version. Which can be roughly translated btw as Last unit (something)?
See picture below for screenshots.

It doesn't seem to be a navigator issue (IE, chrome, firefox checked).

Any idea why I would have this? Any help would be appreciated.

alt text

0 Karma

ccl0utier
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk?

I've just tried this on my local test instance (7.2.3) and "Last 7 days" shows up correctly for fr-FR.

alt text

nonaronald
Explorer

I use 7.0.2. Unfortunately I am not the one who can upgrade it. Thank you for testing it.

0 Karma

nonaronald
Explorer

I have discovered that I am not the only one having this problem:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/701301/time-range-picker-broken-in-french-version-of-splu.html

It's very weird, I have the feeling that I have to find a workaround but it seems to be a translation issue coming from Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...