Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard description is not getting exported in using export PDF

sanjeev543
Communicator

Hey Folks, 

For some reason, I am not able to have the dashboard description added when I use export PDF option, I have already mentioned the necessary settings in the alert_actions.conf file 

Splunk version - 7.2.5 

<form script="table-js.js, tooltipv3.js">
<label>Some Dashboard</label>
<description>My Description</description>

[email]
pdf.logo_path = /opt/splunk/etc/apps/myapp/appserver/static/logo_new1.png
pdf.header_left = logo
pdf.header_center = title
pdf.footer_left = description
reportPaperOrientation = landscape

Is there something I am missing! Please suggest @niketn 

Labels (1)

sanjeev543
Communicator

@niketn  I am not trying to schedule PDF, I am just trying to export dashboard as PDF using the export PDF option manually, still I don't see the description. I can see all that all other settings works just fine except the description option irrespective of the location we give(left/center/right). 

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@sanjeev543 do you see the description when you use just Export PDF? Also if the dashboard is meant for scheduled PDF delivery, why do you have JS extension in place.

While Scheduled PDF is still in the Roadmap for the New Dashboard Framework, you should check out the Splunk Dashboard App beta which allows of "as is" PDF (or PNG) download of the dashboard or even individual panels. https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4710/

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...