Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard click to another but keep dasboard (radio) params

leomedina
Explorer

Hello all,

So, now we are faced with keeping and/or parsing the radio button selection/value (i.e. dev, prod, qa, etc.) to the next dashboard when selecting or drilldown in a dashboard. I attempted removing the <default> value from the XML but that didn't seem to get any results. Any thought or ideas are greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Leo

Tags (2)
0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @leomedina,
If I'm understanding your question correctly, it sounds like you can set a token in your target dashboard (the one that opens when a user clicks on the drilldown) to the selected value from the source.

Use the token that represents the selected value in the source, and pass that value to the target as part of the drilldown. Depending on where that value should propagate, set the appropriate token in the target to that selected value.

Something like:

<drilldown target="blank">
       <!-- Access the input on the target form, which is in the same app  -->
       <!-- sourcetype.tok is the token for an input to the target form    -->
       <link>
          form_for_drilldown?form.sourcetype_tok=$click.value$
        </link>
      </drilldown>  

See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/Viz/DrilldownLinkToDashboard for more info in our docs.

Hope that helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...