Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio versus SimpleXML options?

eholz1
Contributor

Hello All,

I have been using SimpleXML to create some nice dashboards - with decent visualizations.

SimpleXML can: Show or hide panels using tokens, use the same panel but run different searches based on a token, make font size bigger or smaller with css, and use javascript and jquery as well. And use css to highlite text in a string, not just a single value, which seems the only choice in Dashboard Studio - change color on a "match", etc.

It seems that I cannot do some or most of those options with Dashboard Studio. Granted, I have just started using Dashboard Studio. I would like to be able to hide or show a table depending on a token, and change color of column in a table. And perhaps us a single table for different searches depending on a token or search result.

Most of the examples I have seen for Dashboard Studio depend on metrics, numbers, or counts, etc. The lion's share of my searches are all based on the linux_secure data source and the NIX addon. I am not counting sales, amounts, or items as shown in the Splunk demo for the "Butter Cup" store.

I am open to suggestions. It seems to me that the Splunk Dashboard Studio as limitations when compared to SimpleXML.

I am open to guidance or suggestions,

eholz1

Labels (5)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...