Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio - How to change the value of a token based on search results?

tarungiridhar
Engager

Hello, I'm trying to make my dashboard more dynamic where the color of a panel can change based on the search results. For example, I want the panel to be green if no errors come in, and then if an error comes up, then it turns red. So far, I have set up a default value for the token and am able to change the token using a user input dropdown. So I can get the panel to change colors based on user input, but am unable to do so automatically when an error comes up. Your help is much appreciated!

Here is the query I am using:

index=index
| eval $colorTest2$=case(payload.status=="400 BAD_REQUEST", "#d41f1f")
| rename payload.status as statuscode
| stats count by statuscode

Here is the code for the panel:

{
    "type": "splunk.column",
    "dataSources": {
        "primary": "ds_BaNWItWC_ds_A6hQFC1Q_ds_Aa7DGgzs_ds_DNwXAJTk_ds_FegrLP62"
    },
    "showProgressBar": false,
    "showLastUpdated": false,
    "title": "Status Codes Chart",
    "options": {
        "dataValuesDisplay": "all",
        "seriesColors": [
            "$colorTest2$"
        ]
    },
    "eventHandlers": [],
    "context": {}
}

Here is the code for the dropdown input:

{
    "options": {
        "items": [
            {
                "label": "Green",
                "value": "#118832"
            },
            {
                "label": "Red",
                "value": "#d41f1f"
            }
        ],
        "token": "colorTest2",
        "selectFirstSearchResult": true
    },
    "title": "Color Picker Test",
    "type": "input.dropdown"
}
Labels (3)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...