Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio Dynamic - Setting value of textbox using table view set token drilldown

tudorex5
Explorer

Hi!

I'm trying to make a dual way to filter my table views work. I got the table view's drilldown to set my token, "text_source_user" to the value I click on. I also have a textbox which I set the default value in the source code to "*" in order to show all users until I change the value in the textbox or click a cell in the table view. 

My problem is that, both methods of setting the token work fine separately, but when added together, I can't seem to be able to set the value inside of the textbox to the one I just clicked inside of the table view cell.

Is there any way to do this? I've been messing with the source code for a while now, tried to set the default value of the textbox to the token itself using $token$, set the default value for the token by adding "tokens" in the default stanza etc. AI doesn't seem familiar with anything other than XML dashboards and I wanted to keep in line with the newer offering. This is my first Splunk dashboard project and would really appreciate the help! 

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...