Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Migration from one splunk server to another

sunnyparmar
Communicator

Hi,

I have 2 splunk servers one is test and another is production. Now I have some extra dashboards in test server under one app which I don't have on Production server under that same app. What I mean to say is I have 6 dashboard under one app on test server and on the other side on production server i have 4 dashboards under the same app so i have to migrate only that 2 dashboard to my production server so any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny

badarsebard
Communicator

When I've needed to replicate a dashboard across different servers (even different deployments and networks) I've always just gone into the dashboard and selected 'Edit Source' under the Edit menu. Copy the XML. Create a dashboard on the destination server and select the 'Edit Source' option and paste the XML from the original. I don't necessarily know if this is best practice, but it's a quick and easy way to do it. Just make sure that the searches in the dashboard aren't powered by any knowledge objects in the test server that aren't also on your production box.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...