Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom manager menu to edit files from the UI

faguilar
Path Finder

Hi fellow Splunkers!

I have a question about editing/customizing the Splunk manager menus for web editing my app files.

I have my working app which includes this structure (two sql queries that I will execute within the folder myapp/bin/SQL like so:
+ bin
.| -- + SQL
.| --- | - query1.sql
.| --- | - query2.sql

My question is, if there is a simple and easy way of make a text editor for qyery1.sql and query2.sql from Splunk's web UI, using the Splunk's config files/xml as "parent". Like you normally modify your savedsearches using the web editor.

So, in summary, I will have two screens/xml pages:
- The first one, where I can see the list of available files in /myapp/bin/SQL like so:
alt text

• And the second one where I can modify and save any of those files, like if they where savedsearches: alt text

So I will be able to change the queries via Splunk Web just as I can modify the savedsearches. I just need an xml for listing the files and another one with a textfield editor and a save button.

I can move the .sql files to other folder if necessary.

I spent two days searching for some examples but I couldn't find any. Do you have any ideas or examples that I can use as a base? My main goal is to make it simple and as if it was a Splunk default configuration file.

Thank you very much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...