Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom HTML App URL Parameter

Hello,

I like to build a custom app in splunk. This app is using an HTML view. From my HTML view I like to navigate to a dynamic sub view.
How can I access an URL parameter in my sub html view.

URL Example: app//mydynamicsubview?param1=helloWorld

Is it possible to get the param1 by using jQuery?

thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Oh, so in this case, you don't want to load the subview INSIDE the main view, you want to drill down to another view.

In your app/myapp/details, use the form features of SimpleXML.

<form>
   <fieldset>
   <input type="text" token="id">
  </fieldset>
 </form>

See the complete reference here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#form

Then, you can pass items through the URL, just like you would like: app/myapp/details?form.id=49.

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need to explain "Dynamic Sub View". If I am understanding correctly, you will have 2 views defined. You want to load (via iframe perhaps) the sub view with a query passed in from the main view.

Short answer: Yes and No. It all depends on the definition of your sub view.

IMHO, you are already using an HTML view. Leverage the JS on a single view, and dynamically build panels and views withing the master view. Don't try to load a second view, instead build it dynamically within the master view.

0 Karma

I like to have two views.

1. Overview - URL: app/myapp/overview

<ul>
<li><a href="app/myapp/details?id=1">Item1</a></li>
<li><a href="app/myapp/details?id=2">Item2</a></li>
<li><a href="app/myapp/details?id=3">Item3</a></li>
</ul>

</body>

2. Details View - URL app/myapp/details?id=2

When I click on a link I like to navigate to the details view. Inside of the details view I like to evaluate the url paramter (id) to load additional data from a REST Service from outside of Splunk.

0 Karma