Dashboards & Visualizations

Could a saved search be linked to a URL(hyperlink) in a dashboard and the saved search must be run when the URL is clicked?

premg
Engager

Could a saved search be linked to a URL(hyperlink) in a dashboard and the saved search must be run when the URL is clicked?

We are trying to embed a link to a saved search in a dashboard and the saved search must be run when a user clicks on it.
The saved search need not display the results to the user rather it must trigger a script after the serach is complete that inturm will update a file and the file to be mailed to the user.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi premg,

this is just a pointer in a direction you probably could go, I don't know if it will work.

There is a module called SubmitButton which could be used for this. In combination with something like this:

<module name="HiddenSavedSearch" autoRun="False">
   <param name="HiddenSavedSearch">"My Foo Saved Search"</param>
</module>

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

premg
Engager

thanks Mus

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can launch a saved search from clicking a link by making the link point at the report view like this:

http://yourhost:8000/en-US/app/search/report?s=savedsearchid

Where savedsearchid is something like this:

%2FservicesNS%2Fusername%2Fappname%2Fsaved%2Fsearches%2Fsavedsearchname

That will open the reports view though.
If you're using JavaScript to build your dashboards you can listen to a dummy link being clicked and launch any search you like by starting a SearchManager, with no need to redirect the user to any new page or to display results.

0 Karma

premg
Engager

Thanks martin_mueller

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...