Dashboards & Visualizations

Cisco IOS Default Dashboard Not Working

hw023280
Explorer

After installing the Cisco IOS app, when I navigate to the app's default home dashboard, the top 8 panels display the following error:

Error in 'PivotProcessor': Unable to fetch datamodelreport REST endpoint '/servicesNS/admin/cisco_ios/datamodel/pivot/Cisco_IOS_Event' from 'https://127.0.0.1:8089'

Starting with the Port Flapping panel does any data display. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

hw023280
Explorer

Running 6.0.3. I downloaded the latest dev version. No dice. There doesn't seem to be a performance lag neither.

I just spent an hour with a Splunk Engineer. He did some in-depth analysis of your app/code. He asked that I relay his conclusion to you for your reference. He concluded that it's NOT a permissions issue. The problem still exists; however he was able to run a pivot that drives one of the overview dashboard's panels. Once he ran the pivot, he created a NEW dashboard, which WORKED; however, it would than cause the splunkd service to crash at times. I hope to hear from you...

0 Karma

hw023280
Explorer

I did copy the new cisco ios files. No luck. I created a new admin user with full control, logged in to see the dashboard and it displayed almost the identical error: Error in 'PivotProcessor': Unable to fetch datamodelreport REST endpoint '/servicesNS/hw023280/cisco_ios/datamodel/pivot/Cisco_IOS_Event' from 'https://127.0.0.1:8089'

0 Karma

hw023280
Explorer

The permissions were set like what you requested already on the Cisco_IOS_Event; however, the Owner remains admin. ALL other data models have "nobody." I downloaded the updated app from GitHub. I will wait for your response re the admin owner before I copy over.

Server is busy. We use Splunk syslog receiver and had used Kiwi Syslog Server in the past. I REALLY look forward to your response. Thank you so much!!! Walter

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...