Dashboards & Visualizations

Change user default home dashboard?

bmacias84
Champion

Hello,

On Splunk 6.2 I want to change users default dashboard and I wish to do this for all new Splunk users. Currently we are running search head clustering. I know that this is controlled by $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<USER>/local/user-prefs.conf. initial I thought I could use $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/ui-prefs.conf, but that doesn't seem to work. Next I thought $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/user-prefs.conf would work but after reading the spec user-prefs.conf only applies to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<USER>/local/ directory.

display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/<appName>/data/ui/views/<viewName>

mockd
Path Finder

Hi,

There is a user-prefs app ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/user-prefs) in which you could add a local configuration of display.page.home.dashboardId in user-prefs.conf such as:

[general]
display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/launcher/data/ui/views/Default_Homepage

This would then be applied for all users. If a user already had a home dashboard set, then their setting would still override this app level setting.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...