Dashboards & Visualizations

Change user default home dashboard?

bmacias84
Champion

Hello,

On Splunk 6.2 I want to change users default dashboard and I wish to do this for all new Splunk users. Currently we are running search head clustering. I know that this is controlled by $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<USER>/local/user-prefs.conf. initial I thought I could use $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/ui-prefs.conf, but that doesn't seem to work. Next I thought $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/user-prefs.conf would work but after reading the spec user-prefs.conf only applies to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<USER>/local/ directory.

display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/<appName>/data/ui/views/<viewName>

mockd
Path Finder

Hi,

There is a user-prefs app ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/user-prefs) in which you could add a local configuration of display.page.home.dashboardId in user-prefs.conf such as:

[general]
display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/launcher/data/ui/views/Default_Homepage

This would then be applied for all users. If a user already had a home dashboard set, then their setting would still override this app level setting.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...