Dashboards & Visualizations

Can I use data from two different metrics in the same dashboard?

suryagogi

I have two different metrics: one metric tells if a device is online. Another metric tells if a device has a process crash. How do I get average crashes per device installed? For example, I can get number of unique devices online in the last seven days. I can also get number of process crashes in the last seven days. How do I calculate average number of process crashes per device installed?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

it would be helpful if you could give a little more detail. for example sourcetypes/indexes/etc. and field names so that we can see what each event has and help write a query surrounding that. also, sample data is really helpful.

that said, something like this might help get you started:

index=online_devices OR index=process_crashes earliest=-7d|stats count(eval(index="online_devices")) as online_devices count(eval(index="process_crashes")) as process_crashes|eval crashes_per_device=round(process_crashes/online_devices,2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...