Dashboards & Visualizations

Automatically Refresh Dashboard and search panels

Prasobh
Observer

Hi Team,

The xml for my Dashboard consists of multiple search queries within a panel.
What can I add to it to make the Dashboard automatically refresh along with the panels? 
I have followed the documentation (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML) and included refresh interval in the form attribute and set the refresh type and refresh interval for individual panels using the <search> element.

<form refresh="30">

<form>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <search>
          <query> ... </query>
          <earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <refresh>60</refresh>
          <refreshType>delay</refreshType>
        </search>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>

Here, i am using div for each table query and appending these child tables to list under the parent table in a dropdown manner using the javascript.

Prasobh_0-1728650425745.png

With this implementation, refresh is not working at the specified interval and the dropdown table will get exit at every refresh interval and we would need to reload the entire dashboard to see the dropdown content in the child table.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...