Dashboards & Visualizations

Auto Refresh Dahsboard Studio

jmatelun
Engager

Hi!

I make a dashboard in Splunk Dashboard Studio, but I don't know how I can program the Auto refresh ( every 1 minute) to update the entire dashboard.

Please Help!

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Chef
Explorer

Hi jmatelun,

You can auto-refresh certain data sources inside your dashboard. Click on whichever data source you'd like to automatically refresh, select the edit button and expand the "code" section. Then you can insert "refresh" and "refreshType" into the "options" section inside the json of your data source. I've included an example below:

{
    "type": "ds.search",
    "options": {
        "query": "| tstats count where index=*",
        "queryParameters": {
            "earliest": "-60m@m",
            "latest": "@m"
        },
        "refresh": "5s",
        "refreshType": "delay"
    },
    "name": "pulsarRateOut"
}

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a way to refresh the entire dashboard in one setting. There's some more information about this here: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/DashStudio/dsOpt#refreshType_and_refresh_options_...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Chef
Explorer

Hi jmatelun,

You can auto-refresh certain data sources inside your dashboard. Click on whichever data source you'd like to automatically refresh, select the edit button and expand the "code" section. Then you can insert "refresh" and "refreshType" into the "options" section inside the json of your data source. I've included an example below:

{
    "type": "ds.search",
    "options": {
        "query": "| tstats count where index=*",
        "queryParameters": {
            "earliest": "-60m@m",
            "latest": "@m"
        },
        "refresh": "5s",
        "refreshType": "delay"
    },
    "name": "pulsarRateOut"
}

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a way to refresh the entire dashboard in one setting. There's some more information about this here: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/DashStudio/dsOpt#refreshType_and_refresh_options_...

Hope this helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...