Dashboards & Visualizations

Applying token to date time functions in a dashboard

PB
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Looking to build an interactive dashboard from csv file which contains timestamp. 

If we select last 7 days, am looking to filter 19th May to 13th May of data from this below sample table. 

Sample data: 

_timeIndexSourcetype
19-05-2024 05:30xy
18-05-2024 05:30xy

One of the input am planning is Time frame, so if i've to pass the token to the panels am trying to use |eval Time=relative_time(now(),"$time_tok$") which is not working as time token comes with earliest and latest timestamps. So, I've tried strptime to convert but still no luck over there. 

Can someone suggest a better way? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

KendallW
Contributor

Hi @PB Could you please share your dashboard's XML?

If I understand correctly, you want to pick a time range using Splunk's time picker on the dashboard, then have data from the CSV (lookup?) file returned by a search where the _time column in the CSV falls within the range specified in the time picker?

0 Karma

PB
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi @KendallW 
yes, that's exactly right. _time is one of the columns in a lookup file.

And I want to choose the _time range from Lookup file using the time picker in Splunk dashboard. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...