Dashboards & Visualizations

Advanced View and Pie Chart

fedevietti

Dear All,

I have to make an advanced view and insert in it a pie chart.

This is my actual xml file, but I cannot find documentation about how to make a pie chart:

template="dashboard.html">
<label>View Fede</label>
<module name="AccountBar" layoutPanel="navigationHeader"/>
  <module name="AppBar" layoutPanel="navigationHeader"/>
  <module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
    <param name="filter">*</param>
    <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
    <param name="maxSize">1</param>
  </module>
<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="IPS" autoRun="True">
   <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1"  DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
   <param name="earliest">1279576800</param>
   <param name="latest">1280008800</param>
   <module name="ResultsHeader">
     <param name="entityName">scanned</param>
     <param name="entityLabel">Events</param>
        <module name="HiddenChartFormatter">
                <param name="chart">pie</param>
                <module name="FlashChart">
                        <param name="height">180px</param>
                        <param name="width">100%</param>
                </module>
        </module>
   </module>
 </module>
</view>

Have anyone a template of a pie chart constructed through advanced view?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

JohnB
Explorer
  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Some Search" autoRun="true">
    <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1" DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
      <module name="FlashChart"></module>
    </module>
  </module>

Using HiddenChartFormatter you can add all sorts of other stuff like colors, labels, etc.

The Pie Chart also has it's own unique custom properties: See http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.5/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piechart

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well that really should work. The only thing I can think of is that you're omitting the 'charting.' prefix, which I didnt think was required but on the other hand I've been using it for a long time as a best practice. (long story)

Try this maybe?

<param name="charting.chart">pie</param>
</module>
0 Karma

JohnB
Explorer
  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Some Search" autoRun="true">
    <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1" DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
    </module>
  </module>

Using HiddenChartFormatter you can add all sorts of other stuff like colors, labels, etc.

The Pie Chart also has it's own unique custom properties: See http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.5/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piechart

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...