Dashboards & Visualizations

Adding User Inputs into searches

strehb18
Path Finder

Hello,

I have been searching for a post similar to mine and just have not found it. I have to add some user inputs to a search. The process is we are assigning gps units to specific serial numbers for tracking purposes. The gps unit will be put on a product then removed when the product leaves one of our facilities. I would like to be able to barcode scan the unit then barcode scan the serial number and have it be in my searches. I threw together a lookup file to do this, but I feel like there is a better way to do this. 

The only references i would really need are the gps_id and the serial_number. 

I'll gladly give more description as necessary. I'm only partly familiar with more advnaced html, css, and js. 

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can get user input to a dashboard by using the input elements. These can set tokens which can then be used on searches in the dashboard. Sorry for a generic answer. If you want something more specific, please ask.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...