Splunk Dev

Python SDK example inputs.py not returning all inputs

rmjohns
Explorer

I'm trying to do a little testing of our Splunk installation and I am looking at the Python SDK examples.  I've run the inputs.py script hoping it would get me a list of all the inputs defined in our inputs.conf but it only seems to return a small subset.  I don't see any logic as to why it is returning the subset it does.  I get about 30 records back from inputs.py. I expect well over 100.  

Running "splunk btool inputs list" gives me the set I expect, but I don't want to have to run this locally.  

Is there any rules or restrictions to the Python SDK API to get the list of inputs?  Maybe some options missing in the sample to get the defined inputs list?

Thanks

Rob. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rmjohns
Explorer

As an addendum,  the rest API returns the same results, which makes sense since I assume the SDK is just a wrapper for that.  ie, using:

curl https://splunk-dev1:8089/services/data/inputs/monitor

also only returns a small subset of my expected inputs.  And currently, the inputs I'm looking for are all "monitor" type of inputs. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...