Splunk Dev

How can I set app in java sdk

junwhuan

Hi, I am new to Splunk. I am using splunk java sdk. I have following questions:

1. how can I set up the HTTPS request? I see there is a setHTTPSHandler function in ServiceArgs source code, but I can't use it. The weird thing is even I don't set up the HTTP request, I can still get data from my splunk instance. So can somebody explain it?
  2. How can I set up the app with setApp function? I have many applications in my splunk, but how do I know the application name? For example, one of my app name is "LBSP V", but I have to use "lbsp_v" for the RESTful API, where can I find the real name for my application? And how should I use it in my splunk SDK.
  3. How to set up the time range? I am now trying to use the following things, but it doesn't work. (no error). serviceArgs.put("earliest_time", "2013-10-27T00:00:00.000-07:00"); serviceArgs.put("latest_time", "2013-10-28T00:00:00.000-07:00"); How can I use it and how can I set the UTC time for the search?
  4. How can I get the results from my dashboards? Do I have to perform the searches in the dashboard one by one? Is there any way to get all the saved searches in my dashboards? (using java sdk)
  5. where I can find the detailed the java sdk documents and examples?
0 Karma

junwhuan

Thank you so much. I have read the document, but haven't find more useful information. But I'm get answers from others. Most of the questions have been solved.

0 Karma

junwhuan

Thank you so much. I have read the document, but haven't find more useful information. But I'm get answers from others. Most of the questions have been solved.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've never used the SDK, so I can't answer your first four questions, but I do know that the documentation for the Java SDK is on the Splunk developer portal. Hope that helps a little.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...