All Apps and Add-ons

SecurityScorecard App not displaying it´s own views

dkeck
Influencer

HI,

I trying to run the SercurityScoreard App on Splunk Version 7.2.3 and I am running into the issue that the app is not displaying its own view, but randomly the views of other apps. To make this clear, the whole navbar is from another app. Its kind of impersonating other apps.

What I tried so far:

• Checked if this is a cookie problem (set wrong cookie while app loading) : both apps don’t use a specific cookie - No problems.
• Disabled the falsely displayed app, Scorecard app just switched to the views of a third app.
• I have checked the Java version: Looks fine for me
[SH glo-sa-logmaster@em1sclm002:/opt/splunk]$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)
• With the internal Logs I can definitely say that the java process does not generate the navigation files. Splunk takes the “next best app” with local/data/ui/nav/default.xml
• I have tried to force loading the GUI with the default path (which should normally generically generated) . Therefore I have added the theatrically generated file/folder /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecurityScorecard/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml No success.
• Reinstalling the app (including “uninstalling “, restart, installing) did not change anything.
• I have tried calling the jar manually ( /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecurityScorecard/jars/SecurityScorecard.jar – no success, no output
• The jar seems not to have a logging, so I cannot figure out what the problem is – it’s a black box.

Are there any know issues? did anyone ran into the same problem? even with another app maybe?

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...