I trying to run the SercurityScoreard App on Splunk Version 7.2.3 and I am running into the issue that the app is not displaying its own view, but randomly the views of other apps. To make this clear, the whole navbar is from another app. Its kind of impersonating other apps.
What I tried so far:
• Checked if this is a cookie problem (set wrong cookie while app loading) : both apps don’t use a specific cookie - No problems.
• Disabled the falsely displayed app, Scorecard app just switched to the views of a third app.
• I have checked the Java version: Looks fine for me
[SH glo-sa-logmaster@em1sclm002:/opt/splunk]$ java -version
java version "1.8.0201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)
• With the internal Logs I can definitely say that the java process does not generate the navigation files. Splunk takes the “next best app” with local/data/ui/nav/default.xml
• I have tried to force loading the GUI with the default path (which should normally generically generated) . Therefore I have added the theatrically generated file/folder /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecurityScorecard/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml No success.
• Reinstalling the app (including “uninstalling “, restart, installing) did not change anything.
• I have tried calling the jar manually ( /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecurityScorecard/jars/SecurityScorecard.jar – no success, no output
• The jar seems not to have a logging, so I cannot figure out what the problem is – it’s a black box.
Are there any know issues? did anyone ran into the same problem? even with another app maybe?