Splunk Search

writing to csv using java sdk affect performance?

sujanay

Hi,

I am exporting search results to csv using java sdk ,from then to mysql database.sometimes it is writing to csv and sometimes not.Searches are monitoring in real-time and triggeraing alerts and running scripts to write to csv and to database.Why it is not writing to csv sometimes?
Tags (1)
0 Karma

jerry00

With my experience when I'd been stuck with writing grant proposals for awhile, I should've got a professional help what I recommend to do for you as well

0 Karma

amelia55

If you're using maven, please note that the dependency code on official website contains version declaration "2.0" which has some bugs, but there is updated version 2.3 in repositories. Also, you can answer a question here

0 Karma

georgehill

Now you are faced with analysing your data and writing up the results section of your dissertation. Get a sample dissertation abstract online

0 Karma

johncosta

First of all study about the csv and java sdk after that do the work.Many java and csv tutorials are available on the internet.You can refer the good source like best essay writing service and other resources.If you have good tutorials then you can easily write the csv and java sdk program.

0 Karma

theoborrero
Explorer

I down voted this post because a reference url to one of the resources you suggest would be help , is appropriate otherwise this comment does not help anyone here on splunk forum.

0 Karma

harikag

@theoborrero Hey, iam trying to do the same ecporting search results in xml/json format using splunk sdk java..but my script is not returning any output in console..could you please help me on it.

MultiResultsReaderXml multiResultsReader = new MultiResultsReaderXml(stream);
try {

int counter = 0;  // count the number of events
                for (SearchResults searchResults : multiResultsReader) {
                    for (Event event : searchResults) {
                        System.out.println("***** Event " + counter++ + " *****");
                        for (String key : event.keySet())
                            System.out.println("   " + key + ":  " + event.get(key));

}
                }
                multiResultsReader.close();
            }
0 Karma

sujanay

While scheduling search,i am running a script (using java sdk) to write the search results to CSV .Issue is sometimes it is running script and writing to csv and sometimes not.If i run that script manually it is writing results to csv.what is the reason?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

When you say "write to CSV" are you receiving your Splunk search results in CSV format(Splunk Java SDK) then writing to a CSV file on disk(not the Splunk Java SDK), and the written file is missing results ? Please clarify.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...