Knowledge Management

Is it possible to monitor docker container (cpu/memory/processes usage) without outcold solutions containers?

smstoyanov

I`m tryin to find out some solution which provide view over the containers and processes usage ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@smstoyanov,

You can try using this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3723/

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma

smstoyanov

i know that it works perfectly also the view over the processes and resource usage is good.
But i`m trying to bypass this because of the license.

0 Karma

akocak
Contributor

I don't have a Docker in my system, is it able to send syslog ? if you don't want to use app, you can create your own app as long as sourcetypes are correct and you can index.

0 Karma

smstoyanov

i already log all events on our docker infra but dont have tool which provide good view over the processes/usage on the docker hosts(memory/cpu usage and of course by process)
Probably will get in touch with outcoldsolutions because their container provide what we want.

0 Karma

akocak
Contributor

have you checked scripted inputs in Splunk ?
I have a similar case that I collect information with shell script from hosts. Splunk forwarders just runs shell periodically and script writes processor, memory usage and other info. to STD-OUT that is read by forwarder and send to Indexer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...