All Apps and Add-ons

Installing add-on on multiple forwarder

jadengoho
Builder

I have a cluster environment , i want to install a specific add-on from splunk-base to the (5)Universal Forwarder .
How can i do it , is there a way to install it and just deploy it to the 5(UF) or i should install it manually in (5)UF ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Do you have deployment server?

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Hi p_gurav , yes i do have a deployment server

0 Karma

David_Naylor
Path Finder

Hello,

You are looking for the function of forwarder management which can be obtained through the use of a Deployment server

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Updating/Aboutdeploymentserver

If you do not have a deployment server you will need to install it manually on each forwarder (or use some other type of automated/scripted deployment software)

jadengoho
Builder

I just want to install an add-on on the 5 UF , can the deployment server do that ?

0 Karma

David_Naylor
Path Finder
0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

im quite confuse on the process.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...