Dashboards & Visualizations

How to make a visualization with time?

zacksoft
Contributor

I have a base query that returns the field transfer_speed . And the transfer_speed changes (keeps on changing). Sometimes it has a low value like 2 and sometimes as 150 (in kbps).

| basequery
| table transfer_speed

I want to be able to see the transfer_speed in a graph/line chart / or any such way having x asis showing time and y axis as speed.
Also is it possible to see the "rate of change" of transfer_speed at any particular point in the graph ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

well you can try something like this

| basequery 
| timechart span=1h avg(transfer_speed) as transfer_speed | delta transfer_speed as "rate of change"

you can change the span as per your need.
let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

well you can try something like this

| basequery 
| timechart span=1h avg(transfer_speed) as transfer_speed | delta transfer_speed as "rate of change"

you can change the span as per your need.

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

It won't give any value. adding that last line is not giving any value.
Nothing comes in the visualization and in the statistics tab also under avg(transfer_speed) it shows nothing.

This is what I tried
| base query
| table transfer_speed
| timechart span=1h avg(transfer_speed)

It shows me transfer_speed when I give |table command. But nothing comes when I add the timechart command

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Yes but obviously it will not give any value because of | table transfer_speed .

just try this

| base query

Remove | table transfer_speed from your query and try.

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

This helps. Thank you. The 'Delta' thing is what I was looking for. Thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...