Splunk Search

Google Analytics data into Splunk

redc
Builder

I could swear I heard at .conf2013 that there was a Google Analytics app/add-on, but I sure can't seem to find one now. Am I just crazy?

In the meantime, I'm looking over the solution in this Answers post. Unfortunately, I don't know Java (I can more-or-less read it, but writing it would be very hit-or-miss for me). Does anyone have a different solution that they would recommend?

I haven't decided if I want to actually index the data (and consume my volume license in the process) or if dropping the CSV export in via inputlookup would make more sense. I don't know how much data GA would be generating if I indexed it.

0 Karma

agoodall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check out the Google Analytics BigQuery Add-on for a solution. It uses the BQ API to get the GA data indexed.

https://github.com/AusDTO/Splunk-GABQ-Addon

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...