Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard display fields language.

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

Hi Experts,

I created one app for monitoring, in that app have many dashboards. In that dashboards label and title (present in XML file ) come in English.
Is in splunk have any conf file to change the language of dashboards?
I tried ja_JP for Japanese language but its modified only default fields.

0 Karma
1 Solution

poete
Builder

Hello, @arun_kant_sharma.

I had a look to this pb myself some time ago.

Here are the steps you can use in order to translate xml labels and titles.

1. Create a lookup in order to translate the labels and titles, based on the locale (ja-JP, fr-FR, en-US, ...)

It should look like :
locale,label,title1
fr-FR,phrase,titre1
en-US,sentence,title1

Add as many columns as needed to fit the number of titles.

1. Add dd as many coa search to your dashboard, looking like this :

|inputlookup yourlookup.csv

search locale=$env:locale|s$

$result.title1$
    $result.label$

2. Add some js to your dashboard

In the js, you can get the content of the tokens, see http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEW3

From there, you can replace the content of the <label> tag of the dashboard, and replace it with the value of LabelToken.

In case you need to change the title of different panels, add an id in the <panel> tags, in order to get the right panel.

View solution in original post

poete
Builder

Hello, @arun_kant_sharma.

I had a look to this pb myself some time ago.

Here are the steps you can use in order to translate xml labels and titles.

1. Create a lookup in order to translate the labels and titles, based on the locale (ja-JP, fr-FR, en-US, ...)

It should look like :
locale,label,title1
fr-FR,phrase,titre1
en-US,sentence,title1

Add as many columns as needed to fit the number of titles.

1. Add dd as many coa search to your dashboard, looking like this :

|inputlookup yourlookup.csv

search locale=$env:locale|s$

$result.title1$
    $result.label$

2. Add some js to your dashboard

In the js, you can get the content of the tokens, see http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEW3

From there, you can replace the content of the <label> tag of the dashboard, and replace it with the value of LabelToken.

In case you need to change the title of different panels, add an id in the <panel> tags, in order to get the right panel.

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

Thanks for your answer.
So it simply means, for handle multiple language in a Splunk Dashboard, we use the same approach that usually we use to make other multi language website. Splunk have no conf file for handle it ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...