Getting Data In

Block size on "unsupported file system"

cpharvey
Explorer

I'm looking at using an unsupported Fuse filesystem. Yes I understand the caveats to support.

In testing we're seeing 8KB blocks being sent, which is quite small. My assumption is this is a default for when it's not an NFS connection.

Is there any way to tune this block size beyond 8KB? i.e. a setting

Tags (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Block size is defined at the OS level when you format a disk partition or logical volume. The options available are specific to a filesystem type, so not all settings will be available for all formats.

You can set the block size at that point, but not after. Or at least I would not recommend trying to do so.

Below is the syntax for setting block size to 4K on a logical partition in Linux using XFS.

Example:
mkfs.xfs -b 4096 /dev/vg00-someLV00

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...