Splunk Dev

Anyone Have Used DBConnect Outputs Before and Was Successful?

jeremy059
Explorer

Hi guys,

Getting this error on my DBConnect outputs when run manually or at a schedule:

message='Unrecognized SQL escape '' at line position 67.'

Using "jTDS driver with Windows Authentication". Errors when trying to insert field values to columns/tables. Tried changing Column "Data Types" but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeremy059
Explorer

I'll have to answer my question here as I was able to successfully resolve this on my Lab environment. I'm not an SQL person and copying the field names of my source data to use as column names in my destination SQL table was the root cause of the problem. It turns out if you have brackets, braces or periods in your column names, you'll get the "SQL Escape" error. I just renamed my column names and removed the brackets, braces and periods and replace them with underscores.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jeremy059
Explorer

I'll have to answer my question here as I was able to successfully resolve this on my Lab environment. I'm not an SQL person and copying the field names of my source data to use as column names in my destination SQL table was the root cause of the problem. It turns out if you have brackets, braces or periods in your column names, you'll get the "SQL Escape" error. I just renamed my column names and removed the brackets, braces and periods and replace them with underscores.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...