All Apps and Add-ons

what snmp command are running from snmp_ta ?

pgadhari
Builder

What snmp command is being run when we configure the snmp input in inputs.conf of snmp_ta ? I can see there is a python script in bin directory of the TA, but I don't see which snmp command is running in the back-end to get the value from particular oid ? I am trying to run below command manually from linux command line :

snmpwalk or snmpbulkwalk -v2c -c community_string IP oid

but not getting any response, but when I configure the community string, IP and oid in the snmp_ta inputs file and when the script runs, it is showing the value. Not sure what snmp command is being run in the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py script ? Please help ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...