All Apps and Add-ons

what is different between add on for AWS and Amazon Kinesis Firehose

lksridhar
Explorer

Hi Folks,

I am planing to ingest VPC logs into splunk through AWS add-on and also i got the other add-on ( Amazon Kinesis Firehose) which it is offering same as AWS add-on.

Could you please let me know anyone which is the best add-on to ingest VPC logs into splunk. also provide the difference between these two apps.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ssadanala1
Contributor

Hi ,
AWS add-on consists of all the inputs configuration of all aws logs which includes kinesis as one among them .

AWS kinesis add-on consists of inputs configuration for aws kinesis logs only .

I believe Amazon kinesis Firehose add-on is the best way to get the vpc logs because its easy to configure and uses HEC for sending the data .

Kinesis is the recommended input type for collecting VPC Flow Logs (source type: aws:cloudwatchlogs:vpcflow). This input type also supports the collection of custom data types through Kinesis streams.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...