All Apps and Add-ons

what is different between add on for AWS and Amazon Kinesis Firehose

lksridhar
Explorer

Hi Folks,

I am planing to ingest VPC logs into splunk through AWS add-on and also i got the other add-on ( Amazon Kinesis Firehose) which it is offering same as AWS add-on.

Could you please let me know anyone which is the best add-on to ingest VPC logs into splunk. also provide the difference between these two apps.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ssadanala1
Contributor

Hi ,
AWS add-on consists of all the inputs configuration of all aws logs which includes kinesis as one among them .

AWS kinesis add-on consists of inputs configuration for aws kinesis logs only .

I believe Amazon kinesis Firehose add-on is the best way to get the vpc logs because its easy to configure and uses HEC for sending the data .

Kinesis is the recommended input type for collecting VPC Flow Logs (source type: aws:cloudwatchlogs:vpcflow). This input type also supports the collection of custom data types through Kinesis streams.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...