All Apps and Add-ons

splunk DB connect - SSL error

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi Team,

Tried to pull postgresql data into splunk db connect --> Customer has enabled SSL at their end --> If they disable the SSL it is working --> But customer wants SSL to be enabled .

We have an option in Splunk DB connect --> Enable SSL (if I check this box) --> While trying to create Input (it is showing Invalid database connection)

What Should I do to enable SSL from splunk DB connect.

0 Karma
1 Solution

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

If above method is not working, just add the lines ?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
along with jdbcurl while creating connection.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

If above method is not working, just add the lines ?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

This is for postgreSQL.

Tried the below:
In dbx/local/database_types.conf

placed

[postgresqlssl]
displayName = PostgreSQL with SSL
jdbcDriverClass = org.postgresql.Driver
defaultPort = 5432
connectionUrlFormat = jdbc:postgresql://{0}:{1}/{2}?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
testQuery = SELECT 1 AS test
defaultCatalogName = postgres
defaultSchema = public

but it didn't work

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

0 Karma

muhammad_luthfi
Explorer

Hi,

I was got this issue also, direct access is able to connect but with splunk invalid error, even after add pg_hba.conf

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.24.154.215", user "AMDSPLUNK", database "IOU", SSL on

Actually the issue it was because drivers compatibility, in this case we can try bellow drivers :

1. Splunk DBX Add-on for Postgres JDBC | Splunkbase -> Add on, works for me 

2. About the JDBC Driver for Postgres - Splunk Documentation -> With .jar file, not works, but in other environment its work.

You can try it, hopefully will help 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...