All Apps and Add-ons

juniper netscreen (screenos) traffic log report

tmichiels
Explorer

Hi does anyone has experience with creating a report from a Juniper Netscreen (ScreenOS) traffic log?

My customer needs a report with all unique IP's and their received and their sent data during a specific period. Any idea how to do this ?

Furthermore is it possible to add names to these IP's ?

thx

Tags (3)

hazekamp
Builder

tmichels,

A sample would go along way in terms of providing configuration details, but I can speak in generalities.

1. Splunk can easily extract both src/dest IP and calculate unique (distinct) counts for these extracted fields. For example: | stats dc(src_ip) as unique_src_ips
  2. It is possible to add additional information based on an IP Address lookup. The integration depends on your data source. Is this information in a CSV? If yes, you can use a standard Splunk lookup. If it's accessible via an API or DB, you can use a scripted (custom) lookup
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...