All Apps and Add-ons

is it possible to add html/css to the body of the mail?

arikd

saw this example but it did not work for me .

.....| sendresults subject="Splunk Internal Results" body="Here are the internal Splunk results for you to review" msgstyle="table {font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;border: 1px solid black;padding:3px}th {background-color:#AAAAAA;color:#fff;border-left: solid 1px #e9e9e9} td {border:solid 1px #e9e9e9}"

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mockd
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks for using sendresults!

The msgstyle field can be used to style the html in the message. As you can see from the examples, we generally use it to style the format of the results table (rows, header, etc.). The field takes CSS and is applied in a style tag.

You cannot add custom HTML to the body as the text that's used to customize the body is meant to be text and is applied before the results table.

I was able to use the SPL you posted and had it come successfully with a grey results header row and a border around the results table.

If you need more assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to support@discoveredintelligence.ca

Thanks,
Derek.

niketn
Legend

@arikd have you tried to reach out to Discovered Intelligence for the app Sendresults i.e. at support@discoveredintelligence.ca

Also could you let us know if you noticed any errors while using sendresults command? Or did you see email without formatting? Or did the email not get sent out at all?

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...