All Apps and Add-ons

how config to auto parser cef with just use kv

siv
Loves-to-Learn

i just installed CEF Extraction add-on for splunk
i want to try this for example 

| makeresults
| eval _raw="CEF:0|vendor|product|1.0|TestEvent|5| filename=name.txt ip=10.10.1.2 fullname=mike reacher status=ok"
| kv
| table fullname filename ip *

why it didnt work..
all this because  default kv dont support multi string with whitespace

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure if any already defined sourcetypes come with the add-on. The description says it provides transforms and some example props.conf but you have to see into it for yourself. Anyway, if kv is to do its job, it must know what sourcetype it's dealing with. With makeresults you haven't provided any.

Anyway, this add-on seems strange. It says it extracts some fields in index time. Unless it's the time, it seems like an overkill.

0 Karma

marnall
Motivator

I couldn't tell you how to get it to work with makeresults, but if you input a CEF log with the sourcetype "cefevents", then the CEF field extractions should work.

0 Karma

siv
Loves-to-Learn

?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...