* Currently not supported. This setting is related to a feature that is
still under development.
* Presence of this parameter means that this index uses remote storage, instead
of the local file system, as the main repository for bucket storage. The
index processor works with a cache manager to fetch buckets locally, as
necessary, for searching and to evict them from local storage as space fills
up and they are no longer needed for searching.
* This setting must be defined in terms of a storageType=remote volume
definition. See the volume section below.
* The path portion that follows the volume reference is relative to the path
specified for the volume. For example, if the path for a volume "v1" is
"s3://bucket/path" and "remotePath" is "volume:v1/idx1", then the fully
qualified path will be "s3://bucket/path/idx1". The rules for resolving the
relative path with the absolute path specified in the volume can vary
depending on the underlying storage type.
* If "remotePath" is specified, the "coldPath" and "thawedPath" attributes are
ignored. However, they still must be specified.
Just a follow up comment - I very much doubt that this is going to allow you to store hot/warm or even cold data in s3 - the read performance isn't up to the job, and the write mechanism would be far too clunky for indexers.