All Apps and Add-ons

eventid.net

m1ster1985
Explorer

Dear all,

Could you help me in resolving my issue I cannot address?
I installed Add-on for Microsoft Windows and did everything according to instruction. Now, Splunk is receiving logs from 1 windows computer. I can see them in the data summary. The next step was the installation eventid.net app to consolidate and visualize received logs. However, when I installed and configure it according to the instruction, eventid.net does not show any logs on its dashboards.
I have no idea where should I look into to find out why eventid does not work. Please, could you help me in troubleshooting this problem? I am ready to provide any screenshots of my configuration.

These are some details of my configuration.
I configured inputs.conf that is located in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_windows/local having indicated the following configuration:
[WinEventLog://Security]
disabled = 0
start_from = oldest
current_only = 0
evt_resolve_ad_obj = 1
checkpointInterval = 5
blacklist1 = EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:(?!\s*groupPolicyContainer)"
blacklist2 = EventCode="566" Message="Object Type:(?!\s*groupPolicyContainer)"
index = wineventlog
renderXml=false

I also copied this configuration to the deployment server (/opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/local). The configuration is successfully transmitted to the computer with Universal Forwarder. (I checked the configuration of the UF)

However, when I look at event logs in the "Search and Report", I see that logs are coming with the index = "main" instead of "wineventlog" as I pointed in the inputs.conf
selected fields:
host = ComputerNAME
index = main
source = XmlWinEventLog:Security
sourcetype = XmlWinEventLog

I do not understand why event logs are coming with the index = main.
I configured eventid.net in the following way:
"The EventId App will analyze the specified index: (index="wineventlog" OR source=XmlWinEventLog*)"
Thank you.

0 Karma

jarizeloyola
Path Finder

Is the configuration in the inputs.conf sending to the right index?
Is the data is stored in a different index? you can update the macros.conf [event_sources] section.

0 Karma

m1ster1985
Explorer

Hello,

This is the first problem. I configured inputs.conf that is located in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_windows/local having indicated the following configuration:
[WinEventLog://Security]
disabled = 0
start_from = oldest
current_only = 0
evt_resolve_ad_obj = 1
checkpointInterval = 5
blacklist1 = EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:(?!\s*groupPolicyContainer)"
blacklist2 = EventCode="566" Message="Object Type:(?!\s*groupPolicyContainer)"
index = wineventlog
renderXml=false

I also copied this configuration to the deployment server (/opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/local). The configuration is successfully transmitted to the computer with Universal Forwarder. (I checked the configuration of the UF)

However, when I look at event logs in the "Search and Report", I see that logs are coming with the index = "main" instead of "wineventlog" as I pointed in the inputs.conf
selected fields:
host = ComputerNAME
index = main
source = XmlWinEventLog:Security
sourcetype = XmlWinEventLog

I have no idea why event logs are coming with the index = main.
I configured eventid.net in the following way:
"The EventId App will analyze the specified index: (index="wineventlog" OR source=XmlWinEventLog*)"

0 Karma

jarizeloyola
Path Finder

can you run a btool on the uf , just to check what inputs.conf it is getting ?

0 Karma

m1ster1985
Explorer

Unfortunately, I can't copy the output of the btool command because it is too big and can't attach a file due to a lack of point for karma.
Probably, you want to see particular strings?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...