All Apps and Add-ons

error when executing samlpull command

sylbaea
Communicator

I installed your app on a SHC with SAML (ADFS) configured.

When executing | samlpull, I get an error. Inside log, I see:

11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':  Traceback (most recent call last):
11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':    File ".../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py", line 33, in <module>
11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':      expected_saml_groups = saml_utils.pull_remote_saml()
11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':    File ".../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml_utils.py", line 47, in pull_remote_saml
11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':      if not authorization_conf_url.startswith("https"):
11-15-2019 09:23:26.615 ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '.../splunk/bin/python .../splunk/etc/apps/nhsd_all_prod_sh_adhoc_samlmanager/bin/saml-pull.py':  AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

Hi @sylbaea
It looks like you havent configured the app to point to an authentication.conf file with your intended SAML roles in.
I'll be writing better documentation for this over the coming weeks, however in the meantime:

Navigate to the app's configuration page from the nav bar once within the app.
Populate the authorization_conf_url field (badly named!) with a link to your authentication.conf file, along with any auth headers required to get to the url. It must be HTTPS.

Once done, try the command again and let me know how you get on!

0 Karma

sylbaea
Communicator

ah yes, I fully missed the config part, thought it was working out of the box.
Will try and let you know. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...