All Apps and Add-ons

Will the "Splunk App for ServiceNow" be compatible with Splunk 7?

RobertaRimondo
Explorer

We're planning to upgrade our environment to Splunk 7 but we have the Splunk App for ServiceNow and I noticed that even the latest release is not marked as compatible with Splunk 7.

Will there be a new release of the app that will be compatible with Splunk 7?

Or can anybody tell me what part of the app is not compatible? We are not using all the dashboards so maybe we will be able to upgrade to Splunk7 without impact...
Thank you!

0 Karma

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It hasn't been tested with 7.X, but it isn't known to be incompatible. You can give it a try and see how it goes.

Make sure to use the latest version of the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow, though.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

According to their page, in the supported version, 7.0 is not yet available:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1770/

0 Karma

RobertaRimondo
Explorer

Yes, that's what I wrote too ("even the latest release is not marked as compatible with Splunk 7") but I need to know if a compatible version will be available soon or later, or else which feature of the app is not compatible (we are not using some dashboards so if the problem is in them we can upgrade without impact)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...