All Apps and Add-ons

Will it be possible to pass jar files in JMX plugin to access JVM on IBM box

TheProudDevil

Hi,

I am using IBM servers where we are not able to access the JVM details through JMX plugin on SPlunk.
I tried on same host using jConsole I am able to where as using remote I am not able to. When I have added few Jar files to remote location host and tried jconsole I am able to.

Is there any way, I can add those Jar files in Splunk (which location ?) so that Splunk JMX can read the JVM details and log the same.

Thank you.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You can dump any jar files in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SPLUNK4JMX/bin/lib/ directory and they will be classloaded.

0 Karma

TheProudDevil

Thanks Damien. I will check this out and will update you on this.

0 Karma

TheProudDevil

I have kept all jar files in specified location but still I am getting this error.

06-02-2015 21:42:29.015 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\SPLUNK4JMX\bin\jmx.py"" java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out]"

06-02-2015 21:43:28.711 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\SPLUNK4JMX\bin\jmx.py"" host=*****, jmxServiceURL=, jmxport=*, jvmDescription=Testing Local JVM, processID=0,stanza=jmx://helloworld,systemErrorMessage="Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is

Please help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...