All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the acceleration missing from the datamode in Cisco Networks app 2.5.4?

hnorvik
Explorer

After upgrading the app from 2.3.4 to 2.5.4 we noticed that it was slow and almost impossible to work with. A compare of the source code showed that acceleration was turned off in datamodels.conf. Initially I thought the issue was related to queries always using index=*.

To fix this, I just copied the datamodels.conf from the default directory to a new local directory - edit and set acceleration = 1

Maybe the author of the app have some comments to this - why acceleration was removed and the use of index=* ?

Regards,

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I'd guess on this, it seems like a better practice to deliver a datamodel but with acceleration disabled, because everybody's needs are different. Acceleration can place additional load on a system, and not everybody needs it, so it's better to ship it disabled, and have people enable it if needed. 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...