All Apps and Add-ons

Why is my Splunk app submission on Splunkbase stuck in validation?

rakes568
Explorer

We have created a Splunk app for our products which has couple of dashboards, and are trying to upload our app on Splunkbase.

I went through this link: http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEMY

And after preparing and packaging app, I submitted the .spl packaged app to Splunkbase: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/develop/
Unfortunately, it's stuck in validation process for more than 24 hours now, and clicking on Continue gives error as expected.

See attachment for reference
alt text

I am not sure what's taking that long. Can someone please help us understand what's the issue here?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hhunsinger_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi. Thanks for letting us know. There is currently a bug on the Splunkbase website causing this behavior. It's likely that something in your app package is not correctly formatted, but our behind the scenes validations are not returning a useful error message. We hope to have this fixed within the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, you can try inspecting your package to see if you can figure out the syntax error. One possible error could be a conf file that has a line starting with a square bracket [ that is not a stanza header -- for example a regex without a key. But it's possible there could be another error causing the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hhunsinger_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi. Thanks for letting us know. There is currently a bug on the Splunkbase website causing this behavior. It's likely that something in your app package is not correctly formatted, but our behind the scenes validations are not returning a useful error message. We hope to have this fixed within the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, you can try inspecting your package to see if you can figure out the syntax error. One possible error could be a conf file that has a line starting with a square bracket [ that is not a stanza header -- for example a regex without a key. But it's possible there could be another error causing the problem.

0 Karma

rakes568
Explorer

Thanks for your prompt response. I have checked my conf files, and there doesn't seem to be any syntax error. I also validated my xml files with $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python validate_all.py. Is there any other way to upload app on Splunkbase(cli maybe?) which will give proper error message? Could you please update your answer once bug on Splunkbase is fixed? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

0 Karma

hhunsinger_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The fix has been deployed to Splunkbase. Please try to upload your package again. Email splunkbase-admin@splunk.com if that doesn't work. Thanks!

0 Karma

rakes568
Explorer

Hey thanks. I was able to publish my app after fixing a small issue(missing description from app.conf). I can see and manage my app from Splunkbase now. However I cant find my app on searching for relavant keywords in my Splunk enterprise, Apps->Find More Apps. Do I need to do something to add my app in the search results?

0 Karma

hhunsinger_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It probably hadn't been approved yet. I've just emailed you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...