All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Splunk MINT using old versions of Android Studio and Gradle?

abinet

It is a bit concerning that we are required to use older tools and versions just to support Splunk MINT on Android (Documentation found under docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MintAndroidSDK/5.2.x/DevGuide/Requirementsandinstallation ). Is there any work being done to support Android Studio 2.2 and Gradle 2.2.2 ? Or is there a workaround to support these versions?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Support for Android Studio 2.2 is in Dev/QA and will be released with the next SDK version release, 5.2.1. When released, Android SDK Docs will be updated.

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

When will the next SDK version be released??
I want to know the approximate month on which sdk5.2.1 will be released.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Target is 01/2017, but the official release date is not yet set.

0 Karma

fabiocaldas
Contributor

I'm also facing same situation where I need to use Gradle with Android Studio 2.2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...