All Apps and Add-ons

Why is DB Connect failing to start?

Viorel
Explorer

I am using Splunk 8.2.1 with DB Connect 3.5.1 with OpenJDK 1.8.0.332 on Linux (RHEL), this is an airgapped system so I cannot paste the logs.

After installing DB Connect and restarting Splunk, DB Connect fails to start on both dbxquery.sh and server.sh

On both scripts, after TrustManagerUtil - action=load_key_manager_succeed

it throws an ExceptionInitializerError for SplunkServiceBuilder.<clinit>(SplunkServiceBuilder.java:19)

complaining about:

Error setting up SSL socket factory: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL SSLContext not available

In my java.security i h ave:

jdk.disabled.namedCurves = secp256k1

i have commented out (for testing) jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms, jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms, jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms

however I still get this error.

It's the first time i'm seeing this so looking for guidance.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Viorel
Explorer

Unfortunately No, I have abandoned trying to fix this until I have the time to upgrade to Splunk 9.0.x and see if it works.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I wouldn't count on it working magically after splunk upgrade. It's an internal dbconnect issue caused by something java-related so upgrading the component which receives data from the modular input most probably won't help much.

It sounds like it could be related by some mismatch between splunk's ssl settings and what's available in your JRE (or alternatively between dbconnect and database).

0 Karma

esalesap
Path Finder

Were you able to find a solution?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...