All Apps and Add-ons

Where are website monitor inputs besides inputs.conf in the app folder?

cmahan
Path Finder

I have 200 or so entered from the input manager, but only about 30 show in the inputs.conf. I have been cloning and editing most of them, but even one of the ones i keep cloning does not show up in the inputs file.

0 Karma

jwelch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool inputs list --debug |grep somestring

Will give you the the file location of the inputs.

Also you can install and use Splunk on Splunk (SOS) to see your Config files

0 Karma

cmahan
Path Finder

So.. I found some of them were being placed into the search app folder in that inputs.conf... but not all of them.

0 Karma

cmahan
Path Finder

Still unable to locate where the inputs are defined. There are around less than half showing in the inputs.conf, but all are functioning and show in the website monitoring dashboard. any tips would be appreciated.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Could you clarify a couple things so that I can better understand what is going on? First, how you are cloning them? Do you mean are cloning them in via the file-system or are you cloning them in UI?

Second, what you mean by it isn't showing up in the inputs file? Are you saying that they don't show up in the manager UI?

0 Karma

cmahan
Path Finder

I am cloning by clicking the clone link in the manager. Then editing the url and name and saving. They show up and work just fine in the UI. However when I go to look at the inputs.conf in the app-website monitor folder on the server, it only shows around 30 of those working inputs. My question is - how can it be working and showing up if they are not being written to that file? They must be listed in another area, but I do not know why or where. I had wanted to do a find/replace within that file to remove part of the url path for the subdirectory. It worked fine, but since they aren't all listed there I can't fix the rest.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...