All Apps and Add-ons

When trying to update the email server settings in the Splunk App for Infrastructure, why am I getting the following error message?: "Error: Could not update email settings."

hanacurtis

I am trying to set up notifications in the Splunk App for Infrastructure. In Settings->Notifications I fill in the fields, and when I click "Update Email Server Settings", this simple message appears:

Error: Could not update email settings.  

What does this message mean?

0 Karma

qhmassc
Explorer

any update on this issue?

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am receiving this same error. Looks like a bug to me.

0 Karma

bennitltd

Hi,
This looks similar to the same issue I have seen with the deployment server, have you tried private browsing and changing the settings?

Could also be the OS permissions on alert_actions.conf, depending on what version of Splunk you are using.

Or, could be the validation against your mail settings but you normally get a red cross if the format is wrong.

0 Karma

hanacurtis

have tried private browsing and changing permission on alert_actions.conf but still getting same error. will try update the appropriate alert_actions.conf directly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...