All Apps and Add-ons

When trying to update the email server settings in the Splunk App for Infrastructure, why am I getting the following error message?: "Error: Could not update email settings."

hanacurtis

I am trying to set up notifications in the Splunk App for Infrastructure. In Settings->Notifications I fill in the fields, and when I click "Update Email Server Settings", this simple message appears:

Error: Could not update email settings.  

What does this message mean?

0 Karma

qhmassc
Explorer

any update on this issue?

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am receiving this same error. Looks like a bug to me.

0 Karma

bennitltd

Hi,
This looks similar to the same issue I have seen with the deployment server, have you tried private browsing and changing the settings?

Could also be the OS permissions on alert_actions.conf, depending on what version of Splunk you are using.

Or, could be the validation against your mail settings but you normally get a red cross if the format is wrong.

0 Karma

hanacurtis

have tried private browsing and changing permission on alert_actions.conf but still getting same error. will try update the appropriate alert_actions.conf directly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...