All Apps and Add-ons

Vote using Splunk Error Displaying Dashboard in 6.5

ryanoconnor
Builder

After upgrading to Splunk 6.5, the Splunk Vote App is broken! I utilize this app often and I'm hoping this question will reach the developer.

The issue: The main panel of the app doesn't load correctly and I use this app in the classroom every week.

I'm narrowed the problem down to the html tags for each of the question title panels. The code for each of them looks like the following:

<html id="A">
<center>
<h1 class="question-a">$A$</h1>
</center>
</html>

If you remove id="A" respectively for each question title panel, the dashboard loads but it doesn't look as pretty because it's not applying the same style. Can you please address this?

Thank you!
Ryan

0 Karma

n8
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks. I have updated the app on splunkbase.

0 Karma

jwelsh_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This error is caused as a result of XML Syntax validation in Splunk 6.5 - it does NOT allow for XML attributes inside tags.

The solution I found that worked is using a div tags instead AND remove the id attributes from the html tags.

$A$

Here is the simpleXML you can use for that dashboard:

https://splunk.box.com/s/ct0b97uzhuzvy4jrk9baty6pih5sg61r

Hope this helps?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...